Saturday, March 2, 2013

2 Years on...

I've lived in Cypress TX since Christmas of 2011. My lease expires the end of this month.

It may be time to move again.

How have I done?

My book collection, once numbering nearly 900, is now down to about 45. There are some titles I absolutely cannot do without (like my first copy of The Forever War by Joe Haldeman), but most of my collection are autographed copies of books I've either gotten signed in person or given to my by good friends.

I still have about 4 milk crates full of vinyl albums. May have to revisit that, since I haven't had a phonograph in 2 years. My latest acquisition was a limited edition vinyl copy of Barry Manilow's 15 Minutes from 2011.

Magazines, gone. I have about 7 or 8 special copies of various commemorative editions, but not many.

Can't bear to part with my photo albums, clumsy as they are. I started compiling the books in 1978, when I got my first instamatic camera. Stacked all together, I have about 7 feet of photo albums. The last physical picture I took was probably in 2004. Been all digital ever since.

All in all, slightly less than I had at the end of 2011. This is taking a lot longer than I thought. --JB

No comments:

Post a Comment